Architetra has been named architect of record for several Philadelphia-region commercial real estate retail properties.…
Joe spoke with Charlie Cichetti on the Green Building Matters podcast. Topics discussed include:
- Zero energy readiness.
- Alter Eco’s success, selection process, and standard/program choices.
- Passive House vs Net Zero Ready Homes for advanced energy modeling.
- Best practices, programs (LEED, Passive House, DOE), certification and chapter benefits.
- Misconceptions on implementing sustainable programs, how architects can steer the ship, and the concept of trade ops.
- Advantages of having architects who can simplify details with sustainability in mind during the building process.
- Trends of a 2,500 sq. home feeling like a 4,000 sqm.
- Electrification and designing all electric buildings and homes.
- Selecting prefabbed, cut off site, more modular components or whole systems on projects.